Sunday, July 1, 2007

All good things must come to an end

Sunday, July 1st 2007
Madrid

Here I am in a small and a little smelly Internet cafe not far from our hotel, it is very crowded today there is even a man with a small parakeet on his shoulder and the bird is making a lot of nice. This will be my last blog entry until I return to the states, but how I wish I could stay here longer.

After only three weeks of hard bread, lots of water, walking endlessly, and tons of fun my trip to beautiful Spain has come to an end. Tomorrow we are heading back to Newark, NJ where we are expecting a 7 hour layover, yuck! but some of us are thinking of quickly escaping to New York in search for some knockoff purses and little sightseeing.

Last night was a night of celebration here in Madrid, it was the Gay pride parade it was really a blast, there was more than 300,000 people on the streets dancing, drinking and having fun. We stayed out walking the party buses come down the street full with, well what can you expect, full of almost naked men. To see that many people out on the street was something rather shocking I had never seen a sea of people just having fun and being themselves.
I can not wait to return to Spain and hopefully soon. I have already spoken to my husband about returning later on this year or early next since I have truly fallen in love with this country. Spain is going to be the place I will recommend to people to come and vacation in there is so much to do and see.


Thank you Spain for the great memories and good times!
Chao

No comments: