Thursday, June 28, 2007

Could I just stay here please ?

June 30th, 2007
Madrid

When I first sign up for this trip, I had not idea it was going to have such a great impact in my life, it had actually change me as a person. After spending three short weeks in Spain, I have fallen in love with this country, its people and their life style. This week had been a great week very relaxing, it felt to good to say ¨I don’t have anything plan for today but there is always something to do in Madrid.
Last night a group of us went to the opening of the Gay pride week, it was very interesting to see, and a lot of fun there was great music playing and everyone was dancing in the streets, as soon as we got off the metro and walked up the stairs to the street, the whole place was packed with people just having fun and being themselves, something I have never seen in the US. It seems to me that people here in Spain are more open to new ideas and are not as judgmental as back in the states, but that is just my personal opinion based on what I have seen and experienced.
Today Victoria and I went and had lunch at this great Argentino restaurant where we had some steaks, finally!!. We have spend the rest of the afternoon walking around the city, window shopping and looking for a new suit case for me to take back with all the souvenirs i have gotten.. what can i say i love to shop. I am looking forward to coming home and spending time with my husband, relaxing at home. I will post pictures and videos of this trip as soon as I return home.

Until then... Olé!

No comments: