Monday, June 4, 2007

Still in San Antonio

June 4, 2007 Palo Alto College, San Antonio TX

Let the final count down begin! My mind is filled with hopes and thoughts about what this Spain adventure will bring, and my stomach filled with butterflies from excitement as our departure date fast approaches. How to being summarizing what I expect to gain from this opportunity? The main thoughts I have is to learn and soak in all I can from all the wonderful places that are waiting for me, I hope to return home with a better understanding about the world that I live in, and to know that this there is more out there than just this little piece of land I walk on everyday. I hope to make new friends, to have fun and experience unique adventures. I hope to come back with more pictures than I can afford to print, and a story attached to each and everyone of them. How to being grasping the idea that I will be a whole continent away from my bed! A completely new world is out there just waiting for me to discover it and I have my walking shoes ready. I can only imagine what Spain will be like. So far, I have countless stories from our teachers and those who have gone in the past. I have the website with photos and pages of itineraries. I picture Spain as a country filled with new colors, taste and smells, the food I imagine will be delicious. I personally cannot wait to visit El Museo del Jamon,, the museum of ham. I can picture myself sitting there enjoying the fantastic food, and of course with a good glass of tinto as I watch the European world go by. I know that I am setting out to explore, learn, and enjoy every single second I spend in Spain.



No comments: