Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Busy Bee

Wow, can you say busy? It's amazing the amount of work that goes into traveling, and the entire running around making sure you are packing enough. Let me just say that my life is a little hectic right now, but it is all going to be worth it in the end.

Our classes are excellent; a lot of work goes into to becoming a better writer. The course is really a great foundation for gaining good writing and communications skills. Although I have always seemed to struggle with getting my ideas on paper, I have learned to enjoy writing, especially about things that interest me. For example, I feel very passionate about animal rights, improving the quality of life for our elderly community, and Bilingual education to name a few. Coming from another country, I have had the opportunity to see how different cultures feel about these topics, and I would like to explore them more with the objective of bring about a change of attitudes.

Although I am not a native Texan, I do take pride in the small town I live in. Floresville is a small town located southeast of San Antonio. Life is quiet out here, and not a lot of news happens. Which explains why our local newspaper is only printed once a week. Because of the long time frame news are delivered to the city, leads me to believe that some information is going unnoticed or disregarded that may be relevant to some. Some issues that are left unexplored are the lack of recycling services, no high-speed I Internet available especially to the schools or how to get involve in the community.

1 comment:

Melissa Rodriguez said...

good luck on your trip
i can not wait to read about
the adventures yall have